Our listeners voted and chose the worst "treats" you could possibly receive for Halloween. If you're in charge of giving out the treats this year be sure to skip over these items!
10. Candy Canes-
Not exactly a bad treat....if it's Christmas! Talk about being unprepared and giving out stale candy.
Photo By flickr/WELS
9. Smarties- They don't make you smarter and none of the weird little candies in there have a real definable flavor. Only "dumbies" gives these bad boys out.
Photo By flickr/Kate Tomlinson
8. Candy Corn- A treat that is supposed to remind you of the time of year, but really reminds you that most things are only good in moderation, and that a trip to the dentist is not something to put off.
Photo By flickr/Minnie-Sota
7. Circus Peanuts- Since nobody ever gets them when they're brand new, we can't decide if they are ACTUALLY good but I'd say even new, they are impossible to finish chewing.
Photo By flickr/CandyUSA
6. Sticks Of Gum- Gum is not considered candy no matter how you spin it, ESPECIALLY when you're just giving out individual sticks...and don't even think about giving out sugarless!
Photo By flickr/willc2
5. Apples- Another treat that is obviously not considered candy...unless it is covered in caramel and other things that can rot your teeth.
Photo By flickr/msr
4. Raisins- Most people do not enjoy raisins on a regular day, so this is another one that should not be passed off as candy. Chocolate covered? Well, that's another story!
Photo By flickr/mar_
3. Pencils- Ever see someone try to eat a pencil? If so, they have bigger problems than we can discuss. Moral of the story: nobody wants a pencil for Halloween or any other holiday for that matter.
Photo By flickr/postbear
2. Pennies- I know what you're thinking, but people still do give out pennies. The ultimate form of laziness. You might as well just close your blinds instead of giving a handful of pennies, which won't even buy you a PIECE of a Hershey bar.
Photo By flickr/shareski
1. Toothbrushes- This is the number one thing you shouldn't give out on Halloween for a reason! This is a slap in the face for trick or treaters. Only parents should tell you to brush your teeth.. and NOT on Halloween. Halloween is for fun folks, not for dental hygiene.
Photo By flickr/Anderson Mancini